The Property Tab Builder is a stand-alone utility that you use to create a customized interface for entering properties into SOLIDWORKS files. The tabs that you create with Property Tab Builder appear in the SOLIDWORKS software on the Custom Properties tab in the Task Panel
- [Instructor] When working on your SOLIDWORKS … files and assemblies, … you often want to add information to the metadata, … or the custom properties that are attached … to the these files as well. … Typically, you go up to File, Properties, … or just click on this icon right here at the top … to bring up your custom properties. … If I click over to the Custom tab, … you can see these properties aren't filled out right now, … but, if I wanted to, I could use the dropdown … and start adding them one at a time … as I go down through the list. … I'm going to go ahead click Cancel on this. … The tool that you'll want to use to do this much faster, … is the Property Tab Builder. … If I go over to the right in the Task pane, … where Custom Properties is and click on it, … you can see here I've made a Custom Property tab, … so this is a quick way for me to fill in … all the information that I want … and it includes dropdowns for things like … materials and people who are involved in the project. …
- Working with the Costing Template Editor
- Using the Property Tab Builder
- Troubleshooting drawings in SOLIDWORKS Rx
- Benchmarking in SOLIDWORKS Rx
- Customizing your hardware
- Defining user settings in the Toolbox
- Managing tasks
- Routing with the Routing Library Manager
- Working with SOLIDWORKS Treehouse
Skill Level Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Associatewith Gabriel Corbett1h 44m Intermediate
1. SOLIDWORKS Tools
2. SOLIDWORKS Rx
3. SOLIDWORKS Toolbox Settings
4. SOLIDWORKS Task Manager
5. SOLIDWORKS Routing Library Manager
6. SOLIDWORKS Treehouse
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.