Join Gabriel Corbett for an in-depth discussion in this video Part Reviewer, part of SOLIDWORKS: Advanced Tools.
- [Narrator] The Part Reviewer tool inside of SOLIDWORKS is a really great way to evaluate how a part was made. Whether you're a supervisor looking over the shoulder of maybe a junior designer and making sure they're designing things correctly, or you're learning SOLIDWORKS and you just want to review a more advanced model and see how that part was modeled. Either way the Part Reviewer is a pretty great tool. Under the Evaluate tool bar over here on the right-hand side, you can see I have Part Reviewer. Go ahead and click on that. And I'm going to go ahead and choose this little pin here and keep it out. Now just click on this arrow here for Step Forward, and you can see here the very first operation, the Extrude number one.
It's just an extrusion, that shape right there. Of course I can look at the sketch underlying that if I wanted to or just click through this. So as I do that, I'm going to remove that material. Over here I'm going to go add this boss over here on the far side. Go ahead and just keep clicking through, and then we're going to add a hole, couple more holes in the far side over here. Add a couple fillets, and then the final fillets. So a pretty straightforward and simple part, but you can easily see how quickly we can review that part with only a few clicks. Of course I can rewind to the beginning if I'd like to.
I can step backwards or forwards as needed. In fact I can even show the sketch details on each one of those things, so when I skip forward to one of the features, it's then going to jump into that sketch and show me what that looks like. The very last option here is Only Show Features with Comments, so you can use anything you want, and over here it can also add some comments, right? If I want to make a comment to the designer and say, "Hey, this is looking good, but maybe we can eliminate a feature or add something else or change it in a different way," you can do that inside of Part Reviewer.
So it's a really great way to learn SOLIDWORKS, as well as review others' work, or just even review your own work and make sure that everything is designed the right way, in Part Reviewer, inside of SOLIDWORKS, under the Evaluate tool bar.
- Using the Interference Detection tool
- Using the Clearance Verification tool
- Using the Draft Analysis tool
- Using the Deviation Analysis tool
- Comparing documents
- Using the DFMXpress Analysis tool
- Using the Part Reviewer
- Using the Check Active Document tool
- Assembly Visualization