Join David Antanavige for an in-depth discussion in this video PDM install on server, part of Learning SOLIDWORKS PDM.
- [Instructor] Now that we understand all of our…server requirements, installation requirements…and we've made the decision to go for it…with SolidWorks PDM,…let's go ahead and install it…here on our network.…So for this scenario I'm working with my local…high powered work station,…but I'm also going to have my remote desktop…session open to the server location.…For this course I'm using another very powerful…workstation as my server.…Typically they suggest that you use a server…system with Windows server installed…but it's not an explicit requirement.…
For this example we're just going to do this…P to P version, if you will.…So on this machine we've already gone to the…SolidWorks customer portal,…downloaded the SolidWorks setup for 2017,…and let's start by right clicking and…running it as Administrator.…It's going to prompt you to unzip and run,…automatically the installation manager opens up.…And because this machine has some SolidWorks…installations going on it recently,…some trials of different products,…you'll see here that it's prompting you…
- Setting up PDM
- Creating a vault
- Creating users and groups
- Setting permissions
- Working with data cards
- Creating a new project
- Adding files to the vault
- Versioning in PDM
- Working offline and online
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Setup Information
2. Administration Tool
3. PDM interface
4. Starting a New Project in PDM
Next steps1m 48s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.