Learn about how you are limited in opening newer year version files in SOLIDWORKS, as only 2016 and newer can open newer version files.
- [Lecturer] While working internally among your peers…at your office or with an office that you collaborate often…you can expect them to have the same SOLIDWORKS version…as you, but oftentimes with dealing with outside vendors…and other different customers you'll find…that they will have an older SOLIDWORKS version…than you have.…This is something you have to take into consideration…when saving data and what's going to happen…when that file reaches them.…Let's walk through the process of opening…a newer SOLIDWORKS version file and what can happen.…Now, a lot of the effects that we're going to see now…are new to SOLIDWORKS as of 2016,…where they offered forward capability…for opening their file types.…
And I'm going to show you what I mean right now.…So let's go up again and navigate…to a file that we want to open.…For this situation I have a 3D logo…that I was working on in SOLIDWORKS 2017.…So I'm going to go ahead and click on that and open it up.…Now you can see immediately that in the feature tree…it's noted as a future version of the file,…
- Opening files from different versions of SOLIDWORKS
- Importing models from online sources
- Importing 3D files
- Importing 2D files
- Exporting 2D and 3D files
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Imported Geometry
Imported geometry sources1m 56s
2. Working with 3D Geometry
3. Working with 2D Geometry
4. Exporting from SOLIDWORKS
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.