Join Gabriel Corbett for an in-depth discussion in this video Object manipulation, part of SOLIDWORKS: Visualize.
- [Narrator] The object manipulation tools allow me to grab…and move something around, scale it, as well as pivot it.…Now, from the earlier movie, I did show you can just…select an item over here on the right hand side…and you have a lot of those options right over here…as far as the transform controls…and you can put in hard values.…If you want to grab them on the screen, something like this,…and move something around,…notice I have this one selected over here.…I have the selection tool set for Part,…so I can go ahead and select something like this bezel…and then come over here, and if I wanted to, click on move,…I then get a triad and am able to move just that part…wherever I want to move it to.…
If you wanted to select the entire assembly,…you can either choose this one here,…or you come over here and choose the model…and that would select everything,…then I can do the same thing here.…If I want to move it, if I want to scale it,…something like that, I can grab these little control buttons…or boxes here, I can move it, scale it,…
- Navigating SOLIDWORKS Visualize
- Using selection tools
- Applying materials
- Adding a scene, a backplate, and lighting
- Rendering from multiple cameras
- Adding configurations
- Removing the background
- Rendering an animation
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Basic Navigation
4. Configurations and Groups
5. Image Output
Setting up an animation4m 16s
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.