Join David Antanavige for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of SOLIDWORKS: Installation and Maintenance.
- [David] Now that we've reached the end…of the SOLIDWORKS: Installation and Maintenance course,…there are a few things we want to consider looking forward.…First and foremost, always take notes…on all of these processes that you've gone through.…If you come across any issues,…you'll want to take note of that.…Keep track of where you believe…all of your serial numbers and installations are…and on what hardware.…When you get into a multi-user environment…where you have multiple people in multiple locations,…it can become very cumbersome.…Use the CAD Admin dashboard and other tools…to leverage that, but it's always good…to just have an Excel sheet or a Word document somewhere…that references all of this information…so you got it in one spot…that a few different management level people…can look at to know what's going on…in just a quick glance.…
Also you'll always want to keep an eye…on the What's New in SOLIDWORKS each year…specifically to the installation section,…and make sure that you realize any changes…that may come forward.…
- Installing SOLIDWORKS from an online resource or disc image
- Upgrading SOLIDWORKS
- Copying settings
- Activating and transferring the license
- Installing a SOLIDWORKS Network License (SNL)
- Installing a SOLIDWORKS Home Use License (HUL)
- Installing SOLIDWORKS PDM and other products
Skill Level Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Associatewith Gabriel Corbett1h 44m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Performance Tuningwith David Antanavige1h 31m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Managing the Design Librarywith Elise Moss1h 1m Intermediate
1. SOLIDWORKS Standalone
2. SOLIDWORKS Network License (SNL)
3. SOLIDWORKS HUL Install
Install process1m 8s
4. Installing Other SOLIDWORKS Products
Next steps1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.