Join Tam Black for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of SOLIDWORKS: Mold Design.
- [Tam] Thank you for coming on this journey with me.…Now that you've got a better understanding of mold design,…check out courses about SOLIDWORKS and product design…by Gabriel Corbett, and in-depth 3D printing…by Kacie Hultgren.…You can also check out other courses…on our manufacturing library.…If you'd like, you can check out my new design…and manufacturing Instagram here.…And I highly recommend the book "Making It"…by Chris Lefteri for some design inspiration.…He's also written lots of other books…on different material topics.…Some companies you should check out are Mold-Tech,…the industry leader in mold texturing.…
They have a lot of downloadable PDFs with further reading.…Protolabs is an awesome prototyping company…with white papers on tons of interesting topics,…and design guides.…Markforged is developing game-changing materials…for rapid prototyping.…And Shapeways can print your design and ship it to you…in a variety of materials, even ceramic.…5AXISWORKS is a new company,…and I got to see this in action.…
- What are mold making and casting?
- Type of molds
- Designing a mold
- Types of casting
- Mold and box setup
- Complex molds
- 3D printing and CNC manufacturing for molding and casting
- Other molding processes
Skill Level Beginner
Rhino and V-Ray: Product Design Renderingwith Dave Schultze2h 54m Intermediate
Rapid Prototyping for Product Designwith Gabriel Corbett1h 38m Intermediate
Prime Studio Product Designwith Stuart Harvey Lee14m 2s Intermediate
Product Design: From Sketch to CADwith Jean Gorospe1h 16m Intermediate
Product Design: From CAD to 3D Modelwith Jean Gorospe1h 45m Beginner
What is mold design?1m 22s
1. What Is Mold Making and Casting?
2. Everyday Casting: Materials
3. Design Considerations for Molding
4. The Casting Process
5. What Prototyping Processes Tell You about Full-Scale Manufacturing
6. 3D Printing and CNC for Molding and Casting
7. Other Applications and Processes
Next steps1m 53s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.