Join Justin Flett for an in-depth discussion in this video Navigation tools, part of Learning SOLIDWORKS Composer.
- [Instructor] The Composer navigation tools can be found under the Home tab over on my right hand side. I have a number of navigation tools I can use here such as Rotate, Pan, Zoom, and so forth. But that being said, I almost never use these navigation tools because the same tools are actually also available right within my mouse gestures. So, for example, if I want to zoom in and out, I can do that just by scrolling on my mouse scroll wheel.
If I want to rotate, I can just push down on my mouse scroll wheel and move my mouse slightly. And if I want to pan, I can just do the same thing while holding the Control key here. In addition to that, if I want to zoom to fit, I can just double click off, anywhere off in space. And these are the navigation tools that I use most frequently. So I very rarely jump over to the navigation panel to run through navigation tools here.
Now, that being said, if you also want to customize your own mouse gestures, you can do that as well. I can do this just by jumping into the File dropdown, and go into Preferences, and from here if I jump into Navigation, I can customize any of the mouse gestures as I may see fit. Now that being said, I actually like the Composer defaults, so I'm just going to hit OK.
- Composer terminology
- Creating your first view and image output
- Changing actor and background properties
- Using the transform tools
- Inserting explode lines
- Adding textures
- Working with a Bill of Materials (BOM)