Join Gabriel Corbett for an in-depth discussion in this video Moving faces, part of SOLIDWORKS: Surfacing.
- The Move Face command is really part of…the Direct Editing package inside of SolidWorks,…however, I wanted to show it because it uses…a lot of the same surfacing techniques…and it really is a great tool.…So first things first, let's go up to…Direct Editing toolbar, click on Move Face,…click on the outside of the cylinder here,…and click on Offset, and as soon as you click…on Offset here you can see, I can just type in…a value here, maybe half an inch,…and I can just expand the size of the cylinder.…Click OK and it just makes that modification,…and adds it as a feature in your tree.…
Now I can do it again, I can say, Move Face,…and this time I can translate it,…so I can grab a feature itself,…I can just move that feature itself,…using these little triads.…You can see what happens here.…I'm not only moving the piece itself,…but I'm also moving the related entities.…Click on OK, and you can see it just moves it along.…Now if I were to do that one more time,…Move Face, and I just click on the face itself,…and this time I went a little bit past.…
- Defining planes for surface creation
- Creating splines and 3D curves
- Making revolved surfaces
- Building boundary and lofted surfaces
- Offsetting a surface
- Trimming and untrimming surfaces
- Adding fillets
- Fixing corners
- Deleting, moving, and replacing faces
Skill Level Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 56m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS Rendering with PhotoView 360with Gabriel Corbett1h 50m Intermediate
Designing a Sheet Metal Enclosure with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 31m Intermediate
1. Sketching for Surfaces
2. Surface Creation Tools
3. Surface Modifiers
4. Using Surfaces with Solids
5. Direct Editing Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.