Learn how to move components by using the Move with Triad command. Discover how this command gives more fine control over our movements.
- [Instructor] Another very useful tool…when generating manual animations…with the click and drag method…is to use the Move with Triad tools.…What I can do here is just right click…on any component I'd like to move…and I have this option here, Move with Triad.…And what this does, it generates my triad…on my specific component, the gear in this case…and with this now I can just have a better ability…to fine tune my movements with my click and drag.…
So, I can move exactly about the X, Y or Z axis…and I can also rotate a little bit more exactly…with this Move with Triad command as well.…For example, let's try to make an animation here…where I wanted to rotate that gear wheel…say exactly 45 degrees.…So, I might go, first move my timeline bar here…to about two seconds,…so I'm gonna wanna rotate that gear…from about zero to two seconds there.…I'm going to click on my gear…and again I could just click and drag here…but that would just be kind of eyeballing the angle…and I'd just be kind of getting close…to about 45 degrees but if I right click…
- Working with MotionManager
- Reviewing common animation terminology
- Using the Animation Wizard to generate animations
- Making complex animations with the click and drag method
- Editing the timeline and views
- Changing display and appearances
- Using scenes and lighting in animations
- Controlling animation with mates
- Physics-based motion
- Creating walkthrough animations
Skill Level Beginner
Modeling a Motorcycle Engine with SOLIDWORKSwith Leon van den Heever1h 49m Intermediate
Modeling a Bicycle Frame with SOLIDWORKSwith Leon van den Heever42m 34s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Animation Wizard
3. Manual Animations
4. Editing the Timeline and Views
6. Motion Drivers
7. Basic Motion: Physics-Based Motion
8. Cameras and Walkthrough Animations
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.