Learn how to move faces that already exist in other bodies.
- [Instructor] Another feature that comes in handy a lot…is the move face feature.…For this particular example,…I'm going to take this face, and move it up.…I'm going to go to insert, face, move, with that face selected,…and you'll notice here I get the XYZ crosshairs.…Now I can grab this face and sink it in farther,…or I can pull it out in the other direction.…Let's see what I get here.…I go from having a cut, to now having a boss…coming out of that feature.…
I can just as easily go back and adjust that and go in,…and cut into it deeper.…Now you'll notice though, it didn't move down…any of the features that are related to it,…so this hole for example, didn't move in and cut deeper in.…We just literally moved that face down.…Now you can also do things like rotating faces.…So we're going to try that real quick.…Go to face, move, we're going to select this face,…and this face, and that one,…and we are going to rotate that.…
Oop, we need an axis.…That's what we forgot.…So we're going to insert an axis in the middle,…
- Importing geometry
- Using the surface and face tools
- Working with Boolean geometry
- Converting scans to 3D with Mesh Edit, the Mesh Prep Wizard, and the Surface Wizard
- Working with mesh BREP bodies
- Exporting a mesh
- Preparing a mesh for 3D printing
Skill Level Beginner
1. Classic Mesh Tools
What are mesh files?1m 47s
2. Surface/Face Tools for Mesh
3. Boolean Geometry
4. Scan to 3D
5. Mesh BREP Bodies
6. Exporting Mesh
Next steps1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.