Discover a procedural breakdown of a mold box set up and use.
- [Instructor] In this section, I'll guide you…through the procedure mold box set up and use…for a mold making project.…Step by step.…First, you'll need to curate a large, level work surface…that you can get extremely messy,…in an area that is well-lit, ventilated…and away from food goods.…I like to coat surfaces with a thick brown masking paper,…available at a hardware store near you,…for ease of workspace demarcation and clean up.…While I'm working, I'm also usually knolling,…which is a workplace set up…and continuous cleaning methodology…that helps ensure that you know where everything is…that you need for a session on your project.…
If something is not in use,…it should stay in arm's reach, but not in the way.…So you can line it up along here.…Before you start, you're gonna want to gather all…of the materials that you need,…measuring cups, mixing sticks, a scale, if necessary,…your molding agents, paper towels, a trash bin,…mold release and, of course, your mold box components.…You'll want to get your ducks in a row,…
- What are mold making and casting?
- Type of molds
- Designing a mold
- Types of casting
- Mold and box setup
- Complex molds
- 3D printing and CNC manufacturing for molding and casting
- Other molding processes
Skill Level Beginner
Rhino and V-Ray: Product Design Renderingwith Dave Schultze2h 54m Intermediate
Rapid Prototyping for Product Designwith Gabriel Corbett1h 38m Intermediate
Prime Studio Product Designwith Stuart Harvey Lee14m 2s Intermediate
Product Design: From Sketch to CADwith Jean Gorospe1h 16m Intermediate
Product Design: From CAD to 3D Modelwith Jean Gorospe1h 45m Beginner
What is mold design?1m 22s
1. What Is Mold Making and Casting?
2. Everyday Casting: Materials
3. Design Considerations for Molding
4. The Casting Process
5. What Prototyping Processes Tell You about Full-Scale Manufacturing
6. 3D Printing and CNC for Molding and Casting
7. Other Applications and Processes
Next steps1m 53s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.