This video provides methods for changing single bends.
- [Instructor] In this example, I want to show you…how to modify individual bends inside of a sheet metal part.…Now, you can see here we have a basic…sheet metal part here, and under the first…sheet metal folder here, I'm gonna go ahead…and click on edit feature.…You can see here, our default radius is one millimeter.…We have a thickness of four millimeter,…and we're using a K-Factor, and that's…gonna be used for all the bends in the part.…Now, if I want to individually change…something like this bend down here,…or maybe this one over here, I can easily…get to those bends by looking at the base flange,…and notice here's all the individual bends.…
If you click on them, you can highlight which ones they are.…Let's go ahead and choose this one right here,…and click on edit feature.…Now, by default it's using the default radius,…but of course, I can click on this and change that…to maybe 10 millimeters, okay?…Notice over here, it's also the bend order.…If you had a part that might be failing…because the bend order was wrong,…
In this course, Gabriel Corbett prepares you to take the CSWPA-SM exam. Gabriel begins by covering the exam requirements and sharing testing techniques. He then dives into specific, relevant concepts that will refresh your knowledge and prepare you to pass the test, including how to work with edge flanges, miter flanges, hems, jogs, flat patterns, bend tables, and custom properties. He also shows how to build several of the parts from the sample exam, and takes you through building, modifying, and verifying a model.
- Exam taking techniques
- Sheet metal tools
- Bending calculations using K-Factor, bend deduction, and bend allowance
- Using the Convert to Sheet Metal tool
- Sheet metal cut list properties
- Modeling a sheet metal part from a drawing
- Updating dimensions/equations
- Creating flat patterns
- Adding hems
Skill Level Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Associatewith Gabriel Corbett1h 44m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
Designing a Sheet Metal Enclosure with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 31m Intermediate
1. Getting Ready for the CSWPA-SM Exam
2. Sheet Metal Tools
3. Sample Exam Questions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.