This video provides the best approach for working with drawings and building parts from them.
- [Instructor] In this example,…I'm gonna go through the method that I use…for creating a part based upon a drawing…that you're gonna download or you're gonna see…on the testing client for the sheet metal exam.…Over here you can see I have the sample exam opened up,…and this is the first question here.…You can see I've got an A, B, and C dimension…on this sheet metal part, so let's go ahead…and start this over here on the right-hand side.…So I have them both opened up in the same screen.…More than likely, you're probably gonna be using…a dual monitor setup so you can have test questions…on one screen and SOLIDWORKS full screen on the other;…but in this case here, we have to fit it all on one screen.…
So it might be a little bit cramped,…but hopefully you'll be able to follow along.…Up here I'm gonna click on New.…Over here I've got a bunch of default templates.…I definitely recommend installing some of these templates,…especially these first two right here,…into your SOLIDWORKS installation…so you can easily grab them when you're starting parts.…
In this course, Gabriel Corbett prepares you to take the CSWPA-SM exam. Gabriel begins by covering the exam requirements and sharing testing techniques. He then dives into specific, relevant concepts that will refresh your knowledge and prepare you to pass the test, including how to work with edge flanges, miter flanges, hems, jogs, flat patterns, bend tables, and custom properties. He also shows how to build several of the parts from the sample exam, and takes you through building, modifying, and verifying a model.
- Exam taking techniques
- Sheet metal tools
- Bending calculations using K-Factor, bend deduction, and bend allowance
- Using the Convert to Sheet Metal tool
- Sheet metal cut list properties
- Modeling a sheet metal part from a drawing
- Updating dimensions/equations
- Creating flat patterns
- Adding hems