Join Leon van den Heever for an in-depth discussion in this video Modeling the camshaft, part of Modeling a Motorcycle Engine with SOLIDWORKS.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- For our last part, we will complete the camshaft.…And to get started go ahead and open the file…Camshaft_Start from the Lessons folder.…We have a few simple extrusions and a hole pattern.…And we are gonna go ahead and mirror…the existing body about the back face of the shaft.…So we can have two cams.…And we gonna make sure that Solids…or Merged Solids rather is selected.…Now on the back face, we will do a circular extrude.…
And we are gonna use Convert Entities…to pick up the underlined shaft edge.…And let's do a blind extrusion…and let's set this to 40 millimeters.…Now to the end of this shaft, we're going to…go ahead and add a triangular mounting flange.…So we will start a new sketch…on the back face of the shaft.…And I'm gonna go ahead and select the…existing sketch called SketchTriangle…from the Feature Manager.…And let's do a Convert Entities.…With this done, let's do an extrusion.…
And we will go for a blind end condition of 10 millimeters.…On the front face of the triangle,…let's start a new sketch.…And again we gonna offset entities of the…
AuthorLeon van den Heever
Need a better background in SOLIDWORKS before you can continue? Check out SOLIDWORKS 2014 Essential Training.
- Sketching the flywheel
- Building and cutting the flywheel shafts
- Filleting the flywheels
- Splitting the connecting rod
- Building the sprocket
- Modeling the camshaft
- Combining parts into an assembly
Skill Level Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS Rendering with PhotoView 360with Gabriel Corbett1h 50m Intermediate
Sheet Metal Design with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 56m Intermediate
Up and Running with eDrawingswith Gabriel Corbett1h 14m Beginner
1. Flywheel Design
2. Connecting the Rod, Piston, and Sprocket
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.