Join Tony Abbey for an in-depth discussion in this video Modal and direct methods, part of SOLIDWORKS Simulation: Dynamic Analysis.
- [Instructor] In this video we're going to look at…the foundations of Modal and Direct response methods.…We're going to look at the first four mode shapes,…or Eigenvectors, of the plate.…Here's mode one, mode two,…mode three, mode four.…Notice how I've used the expression,…for the set of Eigenvectors,…phi one, phi two, phi three and phi four.…Now a normal modes analysis can store these mode shapes,…or in other words, these Eigenvectors.…And there's a schematic of the storage…where the Eigenvector Matrix, phi,…is a collection of all the Eigenvectors.…
This collection of Eigenvectors…is described as the Modal Database.…We can use these stored Eigenvectors…in a Modal response analysis.…Let's look at a Transient response excitation of the plate.…It's loaded at the corner node…and we see a typical response at some snapshot in time.…The actual time is .097 seconds.…The complete transient time history…of the corner node is shown,…and also put a vertical line at .097 seconds.…If we're able to track an animation of the tip through time,…
- Analysis of normal modes
- Modeling different types of masses
- Dynamic analysis
- Controlling transient analysis
- Analyzing motion of bases
- Analyzing frequency response
- Interpreting results of analysis
Skill Level Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Simulation for Finite Element Analysiswith Tony Abbey2h 29m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Shell and Beam Modeling in FEAwith Tony Abbey1h 22m Intermediate
1. Normal Modes Analysis
2. Key Dynamic Analysis Concepts
3. Transient Analysis
4. Frequency Response (FR) Analysis
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.