This video provides a second example of the miter flange.
- [Instructor] Another use for the miter flange technique…is when you're working with specialty angles…or complex geometry, let me give you an example.…In this case here you can see I have a basic…U-shape piece of sheet metal.…And I wanna create another flange that's…kind of coming off this surface here.…And I've got a couple of dimensions and angles…I'm trying to hit.…Now you could do it with a edge flange…and then define the angles of each one.…But it would be a lot easier and a lot cleaner…if you could just do it in one shot with a miter flange.…So I'm gonna go ahead and choose this top surface here…and go ahead and start a sketch right there.…
And I'm gonna use this line right here…and starting on this outside edge…I'm gonna draw a shape.…Now what I know is I need to have this…at about 30 degrees from the vertical.…So I'm gonna click on 30 degrees here…and I'm gonna go ahead and define this…coming over to here and have it go up to here.…So, that's my shape.…And the dimensions I'm trying to hit here…are from the outside here all the way down to here…
In this course, Gabriel Corbett prepares you to take the CSWPA-SM exam. Gabriel begins by covering the exam requirements and sharing testing techniques. He then dives into specific, relevant concepts that will refresh your knowledge and prepare you to pass the test, including how to work with edge flanges, miter flanges, hems, jogs, flat patterns, bend tables, and custom properties. He also shows how to build several of the parts from the sample exam, and takes you through building, modifying, and verifying a model.
- Exam taking techniques
- Sheet metal tools
- Bending calculations using K-Factor, bend deduction, and bend allowance
- Using the Convert to Sheet Metal tool
- Sheet metal cut list properties
- Modeling a sheet metal part from a drawing
- Updating dimensions/equations
- Creating flat patterns
- Adding hems
Skill Level Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Associatewith Gabriel Corbett1h 44m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS 2013-2017: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
Designing a Sheet Metal Enclosure with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 31m Intermediate
1. Getting Ready for the CSWPA-SM Exam
2. Sheet Metal Tools
3. Sample Exam Questions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.