Learn about the Mesh Prep Wizard to clean up a mesh on import.
- [Instructor] When working with meshes,…sometimes we want to start by using…the Mesh Prep Wizard.…So if we go up to our command here…and search for mesh prep, we see that…the Mesh Prep Wizard pops up.…Let's go ahead and locate that option.…You can see here it's under the Scan to 3D Options.…You're going to want to make sure that up…in your add-ons, Scan to 3D is turned on.…Otherwise, you're not going to be able to find that feature.…If we go to the Mesh Prep Wizard and start it,…you'll see that it's going to ask us…to select our mesh.…
So we just come over, select this mesh, go to next.…Basically what this feature is used for is cleaning up…any extra data, looking at the number of facets we have,…smoothing it out, changing orientations,…anything we need to do to clean up…the mesh that we have.…For orientation method, I'm going to select Automatic.…I'm going to have this move automatically…to the zero origin.…If we want to, we can rotate it…in each direction.…
We can also translate it in each direction.…So it really gives you the option…
- Importing geometry
- Using the surface and face tools
- Working with Boolean geometry
- Converting scans to 3D with Mesh Edit, the Mesh Prep Wizard, and the Surface Wizard
- Working with mesh BREP bodies
- Exporting a mesh
- Preparing a mesh for 3D printing
Skill Level Beginner
1. Classic Mesh Tools
What are mesh files?1m 47s
2. Surface/Face Tools for Mesh
3. Boolean Geometry
4. Scan to 3D
5. Mesh BREP Bodies
6. Exporting Mesh
Next steps1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.