Learn about how to find design rules for various online machining services.
- [Instructor] Online machine shops offer an easy way…to get parts fabricated from a CAD file.…Most shops accept CAD files…from popular 3D modeling programs…in their native file format.…Before sending a part…to an online machine shop for fabrication,…it's important to find and understand…the machine shop's capabilities and tolerances.…Based on what you find, you may need to adjust…your part tolerances and then evaluate whether your parts…will fit and function after manufacturing.…There are many online machine shops to choose from…that provide additive fabrication services,…subtractive fabrication services,…and bending or forming services.…
Here is a selection of several…representative online machine shops.…Plethora is an online machine shop service…that gives designers a downloadable…manufacturability analysis plugin,…which is compatible with several major CAD programs.…This plugin will highlight any features…which can't be manufactured…using Plethora's manufacturing processes.…After a part is deemed to be manufacturable,…
- Where dimensioning goes wrong
- Basic GD&T rules and symbols
- GD&T from the engineering perspective
- Manufacturing design rules
- Interpreting GD&T in CAD models
- GD&T from the machinist perspective
- Understanding the tolerance limits of your shop
- Communicating your tolerance capabilities to potential customers
Skill Level Beginner
SOLIDWORKS: Integrated CAM with HSMXpresswith Gabriel Corbett2h 32m Intermediate
1. From Digital to Physical
Realities of manufacturing4m 46s
2. Introduction to GD&T
3. GD&T from the Engineering Perspective
4. GD&T from the Machinist Perspective
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.