Join Gabriel Corbett for an in-depth discussion in this video Making a thickened cut, part of SOLIDWORKS: Surfacing.
- The thickened cut tool is very, very similar…to the cut with surface tool, however,…instead of just cutting all of the model away…it only cuts a certain thickness or pathway…of where that surface was.…To use that tool go ahead and click on Thickened Cut…and choose what surface we want to use.…I want to use that one right there.…And then I can choose which direction I want to go in…by either going this way, so let's bring it down, down here.…I can go midplane or back up to the top.…Now I can choose the thickness or the thickness of the cut…and right there then I can click on Ok,…and it's going to ask me do I want to keep…both of these bodies or do I want to select…which body I want to keep?…I can keep one of them, both of them, or none of them.…
So go up to solid bodies click on Ok…and you can see I have both bodies now.…If you go under the Solid Bodies folder here…I can see both of them.…I can show and hide them at will,…and again this is a very cool tool…if you want to make some type of a pathway…through a solid model with a surface,…
- Defining planes for surface creation
- Creating splines and 3D curves
- Making revolved surfaces
- Building boundary and lofted surfaces
- Offsetting a surface
- Trimming and untrimming surfaces
- Adding fillets
- Fixing corners
- Deleting, moving, and replacing faces
Skill Level Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 56m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS Rendering with PhotoView 360with Gabriel Corbett1h 50m Intermediate
Designing a Sheet Metal Enclosure with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 31m Intermediate
1. Sketching for Surfaces
2. Surface Creation Tools
3. Surface Modifiers
4. Using Surfaces with Solids
5. Direct Editing Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.