Join Gabriel Corbett for an in-depth discussion in this video Making revolved surfaces, part of SOLIDWORKS: Surfacing.
- The Surface Revolve command works very, very…similar to your standard Revolves inside of SOLIDWORKS…with the exception that it doesn't need to create a volume,…it's only creating a flat, or curved surface.…To get started, let's go ahead and click on Sketch,…and start a sketch.…Now I'm gonna choose the front plane for that.…Notice it spins around so I'm looking…straight down at that sketch.…And go ahead and choose the Spline command.…I'm just gonna draw out a couple of…cool little spline shapes here,…and then I'm just gonna drag them around,…and make sure that I've got the shape I'm looking for.…
I'm gonna create kind of like a little bit of a bowl shape,…so I wanna grab this one here,…I wanna bring this one down over here,…give it a little bit of hips, and there it is.…OK, now grab a center line, just like anything in Revolves,…we always need something to revolve them around.…I'm gonna go ahead and choose a center line,…click it on the origin here and make that it's vertical.…If it's not you can always go ahead and right-click on this…
- Defining planes for surface creation
- Creating splines and 3D curves
- Making revolved surfaces
- Building boundary and lofted surfaces
- Offsetting a surface
- Trimming and untrimming surfaces
- Adding fillets
- Fixing corners
- Deleting, moving, and replacing faces
Skill Level Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS Rendering with PhotoView 360with Gabriel Corbett1h 50m Intermediate
Designing a Sheet Metal Enclosure with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 31m Intermediate
1. Sketching for Surfaces
2. Surface Creation Tools
3. Surface Modifiers
4. Using Surfaces with Solids
5. Direct Editing Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.