You need a plan in place before you do anything, the bigger the installs, the more of a plan you need in place. Discover how important it is to check all system properties
- [Presenter] Now that you've made the decision…to install or upgrade Solidworks onto your…personal system or your office system,…you'll have to start by making a list,…and this really turns into a list of lists.…You'll start from the top down and if you're…using something like PDM and some server…installations, you'll first wanna make sure…that you have administrative access to that.…Also that you have all of the correct…serial numbers and processes listed to…install the software on the server.…
You'll also wanna make sure that you have access…at a time where it won't affect other colleagues…when working in an office situation.…If you're simply doing client installations,…you'll wanna go around and make sure that first…you backup all of your data, so you don't lose…anything when doing the install,…make sure that everything is checked in,…if you're working in a vault system.…You will also wanna make sure that you…create a copy of everybody's settings.…And then also move on to backup any other files…that might be relevant, related to their settings…
- Installing SOLIDWORKS from an online resource or disc image
- Upgrading SOLIDWORKS
- Copying settings
- Activating and transferring the license
- Installing a SOLIDWORKS Network License (SNL)
- Installing a SOLIDWORKS Home Use License (HUL)
- Installing SOLIDWORKS PDM and other products
Skill Level Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Associatewith Gabriel Corbett1h 44m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Performance Tuningwith David Antanavige1h 31m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Managing the Design Librarywith Elise Moss1h 1m Intermediate
1. SOLIDWORKS Standalone
2. SOLIDWORKS Network License (SNL)
3. SOLIDWORKS HUL Install
Install process1m 8s
4. Installing Other SOLIDWORKS Products
Next steps1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.