- Creating an assembly from weldment parts…is really just about exactly the same…as creating an assembly from just about…any other types of parts inside of SolidWorks.…Now most people assume that weldments…are automatically assemblies.…Really, they're not though.…They're actually individual parts…or what we call a multi-body part.…So there's multiple entities all inside of one part.…Now you can create other types of multi-body parts…inside of SolidWorks, but by default,…weldments automatically turns on…the multi-body part assembly mode.…Sorry, not actually assemblies,…but it actually inside of that same part…it looks like there is multiple pieces…that are all assembled together,…but it really is just one part with multiple bodies.…
Now to create assembly from multi-body part…I've got a basic piece here…which I've created with a couple different…structural numbers.…You can see here I've got a sketch…outlining this shape.…I've got a structural member here at the top…which is about a six inch box tubing…and I've got a couple pieces of pipe coming up to it.…
See how to build assemblies from weldments and add gussets, weld beads, and end caps. Then find out how to automatically generate documentation such as weldment cut lists and weld tables to add to your drawings. To wrap up the course, Gabriel offers tips and tricks for fabricating your finished design, such as using standard-sized materials for quick and easy production.
- What are weldments, and why use them?
- Creating construction planes and sketching in 2D and 3D
- Adding structural members
- Flipping and mirroring
- Working with joints, braces, and brackets
- Creating custom profiles
- Making an assembly from a weldment
- Adding in weld beads
- Creating a basic weldment drawing
- Including a weld table
- Preparing for fabrication
Skill Level Advanced
SOLIDWORKS 2013-2017: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS Rendering with PhotoView 360with Gabriel Corbett1h 50m Intermediate
Designing a Sheet Metal Enclosure with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 31m Intermediate
1. Understanding Weldments
2. Structural Members
3. Working with Assemblies
4. Weldments Drawings
Adding in a weld table4m 16s
5. Prepairing for Fabrication
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.