Join David Antanavige for an in-depth discussion in this video Loading a .cex file, part of Learning SOLIDWORKS PDM.
- [narrator] In this file, I want to show you…what you can do with a .cex file.…Now, let's go right into the…solid works PDM administration tool.…So you'll notice, if you click on one of your vaults,…connect, login, and then right click,…we've got an import-export option here.…So, what this allows us to do…is to copy all of the settings.…Now, that includes things like groups we've created,…users that we've listed, workflows we've created.…
All of the data that's really part of…this administration tool.…So, if we want to create the export file,…we right click, go to export,…click on the save button,…and then we'll just drop this on our desktop.…So we're going to say test.…So you can see here, we've got our blueberry icon,…with the little notepad.…
If we right click and check the properties,…it's a .cex file.…So this is the administrative PDM file.…Now, to import it, this is just as easy.…You just right-click, click on import,…select the file, and hit open.…Now you'll see here, I've done this a couple times.…So it's saying, we already have a different version of this,…
- Setting up PDM
- Creating a vault
- Creating users and groups
- Setting permissions
- Working with data cards
- Creating a new project
- Adding files to the vault
- Versioning in PDM
- Working offline and online
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Setup Information
2. Administration Tool
3. PDM interface
4. Starting a New Project in PDM
Next steps1m 48s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.