Learn about getting to the custom properties.
- [Instructor] If you'd like to add a custom property to a note, it's pretty straightforward and simple. Let's go ahead and just create a note on this drawing. Here's my note, I'm going to go ahead and select one of the items that I want to place it onto. Now, instead of actually typing out a note here, over here on the left, notice I have a couple of different things I can link to. So I can insert a hyperlink if I wanted to, I could come over here and link to a property and that's the one I'm looking for here, so I'm going to link to a property, and the model found here is where I'm looking for. You could also use the document if you wanted to. And here's the section, and here's the file properties so I can actually change those if I'd like to, but notice here that the material or the finish, in this case here, I'm going to go ahead and change the finish.
Let's call that a red, can make that capital. Red anodize. Alright, now go ahead and save that out, and now I can link that together. Now I can go ahead and link that to the finish. It says red anodize, click okay. And now, as soon as I click here, I can then have that anodize finish show up, we can add that for both of those. And everything's good to go. So that way, you can easily connect any one of your notes to custom properties or other data on your drawings and just link them together.
If you go back up there again to that note, notice if you click on any one of the items, you can click here and you have access to all the different things that you can link that to. So you can use some of the symbols you can add, too, you can add surface callouts, so you can add different geometric tolerances, but in the case of the exam, more than likely, you're going to need to link to a custom property, and those are all under here. Make sure you choose them all here. If you need to change some of the file properties, they're right there, and then just go ahead and select which one of those custom properties you'd like to link to, the value will show up here, and then go ahead and click okay.
- Downloading the testing software
- Working with drawing views
- Accessing data in the bill of materials
- Using equations with BOM data
- Importing model items
- Creating complex views
- Sample exam questions and answers