Learn how to associate the folder with the Design Library.
- [Narrator] Let's just review what we just did. We added a custom design library to SolidWorks. We opened the File Explorer windows. We browsed the location you wanted to save the folder. You could create it on the fly and select New Folder, and then we named it My Awesome Company Library. But you can name your library anything you want. You just want to distinguish it between the regular design library that's in SolidWorks so it's easy for you to identify your library as your own. You want to go to the Design Library tab on the Resource bar and select the Add File Location tool, and browse to the Design Library folder you created and select it.
And make sure that you see the folder listed in the Design Library before you move forward. And I do have a chapter two review file, so you can take a quick quiz and see how you did. Let's see how closely you were paying attention. You can do that on your own, and next we're going to be setting up the folders we'll be using to store our Design Library content. You want to use separate folders so you can locate what you're saving easily.
- Adding a custom library to SOLIDWORKS
- Designing library folder locations
- Creating custom annotations for drawings
- Creating a grain direction annotation
- Modifying an existing forming tool
- Adding a forming tool to the Design Library
- Creating a hole pattern for a circuit board component
- Creating a feature to be reused
- Saving a feature to the Design Library
- Saving a block to the Design Library