This video explains how to use the linear edge flange tool.
- [Instructor] The Edge Flange tool…is one of the most common tools inside…of the Sheet Metal toolbar.…And before we get to that…let me show you how we can start our Base Flange/Tab.…Now notice over here on the left hand side…I already have some predefined equations.…Now if you're using the template that I provided…you have those prefilled our for you.…If you don't,…go over here and click on the sigma…in the Tools toolbar.…And if you don't have the Tools toolbar…make sure you go up to the gray section here…at the top of the screen,…right click and make sure you do…turn on the Tools toolbar.…
I have it over here on the right hand side…and it gives me easy access…to the Equations Manager.…Over here you notice I have a couple…of these predefined equations…and you can add your own,…you can create your own…Global Variables if you want to,…but if you use the template that…I've already provided…you already have some predefined for you.…So pretty nice.…Now I'm gonna make a couple changes here…I'm gonna say instead 100 I'm gonna say this one's 200.…
In this course, Gabriel Corbett prepares you to take the CSWPA-SM exam. Gabriel begins by covering the exam requirements and sharing testing techniques. He then dives into specific, relevant concepts that will refresh your knowledge and prepare you to pass the test, including how to work with edge flanges, miter flanges, hems, jogs, flat patterns, bend tables, and custom properties. He also shows how to build several of the parts from the sample exam, and takes you through building, modifying, and verifying a model.
- Exam taking techniques
- Sheet metal tools
- Bending calculations using K-Factor, bend deduction, and bend allowance
- Using the Convert to Sheet Metal tool
- Sheet metal cut list properties
- Modeling a sheet metal part from a drawing
- Updating dimensions/equations
- Creating flat patterns
- Adding hems