Learn what libraries are and why they are so critical. Although most libraries are prebuilt and can be simply downloaded from Altium or SOLIDWORKS PCB content websites, discover how to create a custom integrated library.
- Libraries are used to manage…all of our component information.…So, for example, thus far throughout this project,…we've mostly been working…with this LilyPad Simple v2 library…that has been pre-created for us.…It contains about 10 or 15 or so pre-built components here,…and we can see here, for example, the schematic symbol…that's associated with this component here,…that also might have a PCB footprint…associated with that same component,…maybe even a 3D model that would come in with that as well,…as well as any properties,…supplier information, data sheets.…
You can really tie and link…pretty much any information you'd like…to a specific component within your libraries.…So in many cases, or hopefully in most cases,…you won't have to worry too much…about creating your own libraries.…Again, there's millions and millions…of components in libraries available to you online…from Altium Designer or SolidWorks PCB…and we can just download those from the online websites,…install whatever we need.…So any component that is frequently used or very common,…
- Navigating the user interface
- Creating a new project in SOLIDWORKS PCB
- Placing electrical components onto drawings
- Wiring and annotating schematics
- Creating and editing PCBs
- PCB design
- SOLIDWORKS collaboration
- Creating schematic symbols
- Changing between 2D and 3D views of the PCB board design
- Generating final outputs
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Schematic Design
3. SOLIDWORKS Collaboration
4. PCB Design
6. Final Tools and Outputs
Next steps1m 54s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.