This video explains what a jog is and how it is used, and goes into common errors.
- [Instructor] In this example I'm gonna be showing you…how to create a basic jog feature inside…of the sheet metal package.…Now the first thing I want to look at is…under Sheet Metal you can see we have a Jog tool appear.…But before we jump into that tool…I wanna create a sketch which is gonna define…where that first bend is gonna happen.…So let's go ahead and choose this surface right here,…start a sketch, and let's go ahead and create a line…from one side, all the way over to the other side.…Once you have that line in there, let's go ahead…and add a dimension from that line…up to the top surface there.…Type in eight millimeters…and now we've got a basic line…on that surface.…
Now jump over to Sheet Metal, click on Jog.…And choose a fixed face, which is gonna be…this one right here.…And automatically I get a preview of my new jog feature,…pretty nice.…Now I can choose how I would like to create that…jog offset, in this case here I'm using blind.…I also have these other options here.…I can then type in the value here…
In this course, Gabriel Corbett prepares you to take the CSWPA-SM exam. Gabriel begins by covering the exam requirements and sharing testing techniques. He then dives into specific, relevant concepts that will refresh your knowledge and prepare you to pass the test, including how to work with edge flanges, miter flanges, hems, jogs, flat patterns, bend tables, and custom properties. He also shows how to build several of the parts from the sample exam, and takes you through building, modifying, and verifying a model.
- Exam taking techniques
- Sheet metal tools
- Bending calculations using K-Factor, bend deduction, and bend allowance
- Using the Convert to Sheet Metal tool
- Sheet metal cut list properties
- Modeling a sheet metal part from a drawing
- Updating dimensions/equations
- Creating flat patterns
- Adding hems
Skill Level Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Associatewith Gabriel Corbett1h 44m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS 2013-2017: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
Designing a Sheet Metal Enclosure with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 31m Intermediate
1. Getting Ready for the CSWPA-SM Exam
2. Sheet Metal Tools
3. Sample Exam Questions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.