Learn how to use cameras within SOLIDWORKS. Discover how cameras can be used to further control our viewing angles and orientations.
- Cameras can be used and added to models or assemblies…to help generate more specific use…from a camera perspective.…The position and target of the camera…can be specifically defined as well as…some more controlled properties…such as field of view and depth,…to help generate more exact views.…So let's take a look at how we can…add some cameras to our SolidWorks models here.…So I first want to navigate up to…my appearances tab, or display manager tab here…and again I want to jump specifically…into the scene, lights and cameras area…and just as we took a look briefly…before at scenes and lighting,…right below we also have cameras.…
So by default right now I don't have…any cameras in this project,…but I can just right-click and I can add…as many cameras as I may want.…So I'm just going to right-click and say add camera here.…That's gonna jump me into a new side panel here,…creating a new camera called Camera1…and I have a whole number of properties…that I can customize and fine tune…to specify my exact camera options.…
- Working with MotionManager
- Reviewing common animation terminology
- Using the Animation Wizard to generate animations
- Making complex animations with the click and drag method
- Editing the timeline and views
- Changing display and appearances
- Using scenes and lighting in animations
- Controlling animation with mates
- Physics-based motion
- Creating walkthrough animations
Skill Level Beginner
Modeling a Motorcycle Engine with SOLIDWORKSwith Leon van den Heever1h 49m Intermediate
Modeling a Bicycle Frame with SOLIDWORKSwith Leon van den Heever42m 34s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Animation Wizard
3. Manual Animations
4. Editing the Timeline and Views
6. Motion Drivers
7. Basic Motion: Physics-Based Motion
8. Cameras and Walkthrough Animations
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.