A communication standard between design and manufacturing
- [Instructor] Geometric Dimensioning…and Tolerancing standards build upon…and improve existing dimensioning practices…by giving designers new symbols and methods…to completely and precisely communicate design intent.…By using the geometric dimensioning…and tolerancing methodology, a designer can define…the range of acceptable variations…for the geometry of a part as it goes…from CAD to manufacturing.…Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing standards…provide a system of datums that define which features…are reference features.…
These standards also provide a set of symbols…for defining how a feature will be controlled…by a given tolerance.…
- Where dimensioning goes wrong
- Basic GD&T rules and symbols
- GD&T from the engineering perspective
- Manufacturing design rules
- Interpreting GD&T in CAD models
- GD&T from the machinist perspective
- Understanding the tolerance limits of your shop
- Communicating your tolerance capabilities to potential customers
Skill Level Beginner
SOLIDWORKS: Integrated CAM with HSMXpresswith Gabriel Corbett2h 32m Intermediate
1. From Digital to Physical
Realities of manufacturing4m 46s
2. Introduction to GD&T
3. GD&T from the Engineering Perspective
4. GD&T from the Machinist Perspective
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.