Join Kipp Bradford for an in-depth discussion in this video Intro to GD&T for machine shops, part of Introduction to Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- [Instructor] Geometric dimensioning…and tolerancing practices build upon…and improve existing tolerancing methods.…While some symbols may be new and unfamiliar at first,…learning how to read geometric dimensioning…and tolerancing notation will make it easier…to understand how much dimensional error can be tolerated…before a part will fail inspection.…With that knowledge, a machine operator…can minimize cost and maximize efficiency.…Some learning curve is involved in order to begin using…geometric dimensioning and tolerancing notation.…
The time invested to learn this information…has valuable benefits in quality and efficiency for a shop.…Not to mention the fact that engineers…will increasingly require their suppliers…to use geometric dimensioning and tolerancing notations.…
- Where dimensioning goes wrong
- Basic GD&T rules and symbols
- GD&T from the engineering perspective
- Manufacturing design rules
- Interpreting GD&T in CAD models
- GD&T from the machinist perspective
- Understanding the tolerance limits of your shop
- Communicating your tolerance capabilities to potential customers
Skill Level Beginner
SOLIDWORKS: Integrated CAM with HSMXpresswith Gabriel Corbett2h 32m Intermediate
1. From Digital to Physical
Realities of manufacturing4m 46s
2. Introduction to GD&T
3. GD&T from the Engineering Perspective
4. GD&T from the Machinist Perspective
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.