In this video, explore the process of accessing files online and downloading. Start the wizard but don't go through the process yet.
- [Instructor] As CD and DV drives…become less and less popular…on laptops, Surfaces, Workstations and other computers…that are used to support SOLIDWORKS,…we find ourselves going to use the install…from the online resources that are available.…So let's walk through the process of accessing…the installation files from the online resources…that SOLIDWORKS provides.…So I'm gonna start by just going to my browser…and going to the SOLIDWORKS customer portal.…
I'll log in here.…And once you're logged in,…you're gonna go to download section…and click on downloads and updates.…And this brings you to the area where all of your…installation media is available.…So again, here you can go and select your version,…2015 through 2018, and all of the other products…that are available as well.…So they have a one part section…for some of the one part connection tools.…They also have free tools,…like DraftSight, 3DEXPERIENCE, eDrawings,…the Composer Player and SOLIDWORKS Explorer.…
We're gonna mostly be focusing on the base SOLIDWORKS…
- Installing SOLIDWORKS from an online resource or disc image
- Upgrading SOLIDWORKS
- Copying settings
- Activating and transferring the license
- Installing a SOLIDWORKS Network License (SNL)
- Installing a SOLIDWORKS Home Use License (HUL)
- Installing SOLIDWORKS PDM and other products
Skill Level Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Associatewith Gabriel Corbett1h 44m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Performance Tuningwith David Antanavige1h 31m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Managing the Design Librarywith Elise Moss1h 1m Intermediate
1. SOLIDWORKS Standalone
2. SOLIDWORKS Network License (SNL)
3. SOLIDWORKS HUL Install
Install process1m 8s
4. Installing Other SOLIDWORKS Products
Next steps1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.