Create a disc image and start the process of creating the install.
- [Narrator] One process that can help…with installing multiple installations…across multiple systems, is to create an admin image,…or an installation image,…that can be pushed out to multiple users.…Let's run through this process as quickly as we can here.…So I'm gonna open up a SolidWorks setup that I have.…And I'm going to click here on administrative image.…So this creates a new image using the default settings.…
Now, if I had an older image,…I could create a new image using those settings,…but I don't, so I'm gonna have to make a new one.…And this is basically like creating a complete install…in a package that can be pushed out to everybody,…so that you don't necessarily have to do the work.…So I'm gonna go through, check my serial number.…Set everything up as we do in the past…for normal installs.…I'm gonna do Service Pack one,…because I don't really care what version right now.…
What's very important is that we select all the products…that we want to potentially install using this image.…So I'm gonna include on here SolidWorks Electrical,…
- Installing SOLIDWORKS from an online resource or disc image
- Upgrading SOLIDWORKS
- Copying settings
- Activating and transferring the license
- Installing a SOLIDWORKS Network License (SNL)
- Installing a SOLIDWORKS Home Use License (HUL)
- Installing SOLIDWORKS PDM and other products
Skill Level Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Associatewith Gabriel Corbett1h 44m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Performance Tuningwith David Antanavige1h 31m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Managing the Design Librarywith Elise Moss1h 1m Intermediate
1. SOLIDWORKS Standalone
2. SOLIDWORKS Network License (SNL)
3. SOLIDWORKS HUL Install
Install process1m 8s
4. Installing Other SOLIDWORKS Products
Next steps1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.