You can install SOLIDWORKS from a disc, download, or disc images.
- [Instructor] SOLIDWORKS gives you many options…and resources available through many different ways…when looking to install and upgrade.…So the easiest and most obvious one…is to go inside of your SOLIDWORKS current seat…and go to the help section and click on check for updates…and that will pull up the installation wizard…and you can start working right from there.…You also have available to you typically,…if this is your first installation,…the SOLIDWORKS Media Kit.…Here I've got a couple of pictures of a Media Kit.…
It'll basically just be a box like this…that contains a couple of DVDs and usually you get…in the typical SOLIDWORKS brown box…that comes in the mail with some of your serial information…on the side.…The other way that you can access the installation resources…for doing everything you need to do…is by going to the SOLIDWORKS customer portal…and accessing the download section…where you can find multiple year versions of products.…So here they naturally start with the most current versions,…and then you can go back if you wanna install 2017 products.…
- Installing SOLIDWORKS from an online resource or disc image
- Upgrading SOLIDWORKS
- Copying settings
- Activating and transferring the license
- Installing a SOLIDWORKS Network License (SNL)
- Installing a SOLIDWORKS Home Use License (HUL)
- Installing SOLIDWORKS PDM and other products
Skill Level Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Associatewith Gabriel Corbett1h 44m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Performance Tuningwith David Antanavige1h 31m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Managing the Design Librarywith Elise Moss1h 1m Intermediate
1. SOLIDWORKS Standalone
2. SOLIDWORKS Network License (SNL)
3. SOLIDWORKS HUL Install
Install process1m 8s
4. Installing Other SOLIDWORKS Products
Next steps1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.