This video covers assessment installation.
- [Instructor] Any time you decide…to upgrade a SOLIDWORKS system,…you'll wanna really stop and take a moment to assess…whether or not this is something you should be doing.…Now the reason that I bring this up is that every year,…SOLIDWORKS rolls out five service packs…of their base software…and then there are also service pack updates…of the PDM software as well.…This can turn into a situation…where you find yourself wanting to update software a lot…throughout the year…and this just simply might not be necessary.…
So some of the things that drive decisions…to upgrade software are the desire to have new features…or new functionality.…That's really only gonna change between year versions.…Another thing that might drive you…to create new installations or upgrade your software are…new employees come on board and they need a new seat.…Maybe you have an issue with a bug in the software…in something that you're doing…and there's a solution for it in a new service pack.…
You may also have a vendor…that's using a newer version of SOLIDWORKS than you…
- Installing SOLIDWORKS from an online resource or disc image
- Upgrading SOLIDWORKS
- Copying settings
- Activating and transferring the license
- Installing a SOLIDWORKS Network License (SNL)
- Installing a SOLIDWORKS Home Use License (HUL)
- Installing SOLIDWORKS PDM and other products
Skill Level Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Associatewith Gabriel Corbett1h 44m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Performance Tuningwith David Antanavige1h 31m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Managing the Design Librarywith Elise Moss1h 1m Intermediate
1. SOLIDWORKS Standalone
2. SOLIDWORKS Network License (SNL)
3. SOLIDWORKS HUL Install
Install process1m 8s
4. Installing Other SOLIDWORKS Products
Next steps1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.