In this video, explore the wizard from the Start menu.
- [Instructor] Alright, now that we've created a plan…and prepared for the installation work that we've gotta do,…it's time to become familiar with the installation wizard,…and actually walk through the installation process.…For my installation, I'm gonna be putting…SolidWorks 2017 service pack five…on this laptop that I'm working off of.…So you can see here if I go down,…I've already gone to the SolidWorks customer portal…and downloaded the software that I need…to start the installation, so I'm gonna go ahead…after unzipping the setup, and double-click on setup,…and this is gonna pull up the installation manager.…
Now, I've been working to prepare this course,…and I've got some attempts of installation…started on this machine.…Typically you won't see this error,…but if you do, it's nothing to be alarmed about…if you know what's going on and your not restarting…an installation mid-process.…So for example, I could've been doing this installation…and then had a failure and stopped,…and then this is saying, hey,…
- Installing SOLIDWORKS from an online resource or disc image
- Upgrading SOLIDWORKS
- Copying settings
- Activating and transferring the license
- Installing a SOLIDWORKS Network License (SNL)
- Installing a SOLIDWORKS Home Use License (HUL)
- Installing SOLIDWORKS PDM and other products
Skill Level Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Associatewith Gabriel Corbett1h 44m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Performance Tuningwith David Antanavige1h 31m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Managing the Design Librarywith Elise Moss1h 1m Intermediate
1. SOLIDWORKS Standalone
2. SOLIDWORKS Network License (SNL)
3. SOLIDWORKS HUL Install
Install process1m 8s
4. Installing Other SOLIDWORKS Products
Next steps1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.