Walk through the file types that can be brought in as 2D, and see which options are available in the Open dialog.
- [Instructor] When dealing with legacy data…from previous designs, we often come across 2D file formats,…such as DWG, and DXF files.…SOLIDWORKS has the ability to import these into parts…or create new drawings…in the SOLIDWORKS format if necessary.…Like 3D data, SOLIDWORKS has the ability…to import many different kinds of 2D data.…This can be the AutoCAD native DWG file format…or the non-gender specific, or universal, DFX file format,…which is most commonly found.…
- Opening files from different versions of SOLIDWORKS
- Importing models from online sources
- Importing 3D files
- Importing 2D files
- Exporting 2D and 3D files
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Imported Geometry
Imported geometry sources1m 56s
2. Working with 3D Geometry
3. Working with 2D Geometry
4. Exporting from SOLIDWORKS
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.