Join Gabriel Corbett for an in-depth discussion in this video How to offset a surface, part of Surfacing with SOLIDWORKS.
- The surface offset command is something I use…all the time.…It's real powerful and it's very easy to use.…Let's go ahead up to Surfaces toolbar…and go over here to Offset Surface.…The first thing you wanna do is just choose a surface.…There it is.…And type in a value.…I'm gonna type in .5…and just that easy, I got a new surface…directly above my existing surface.…I can also do something like a copy surface.…I can choose a existing surface…or I can go ahead and choose a solid face or solid body.…
Go back to Offset Surface,…come over here and I'm gonna choose…the outside of this shape here, which is a solid.…And you can see it just automatically offsets that.…I can then choose the other faces as well…and I got a nice, little outside ring around there.…Click okay…and again, I've got a surface now surrounding a solid.…Pretty straightforward and simple.…Here's how we actually use it.…Let's go back to this Offset here…and let's switch the direction…and I'm gonna type in .1,…so now what I have is a surface offset…inside of the solid here.…
- Defining planes for surface creation
- Creating splines and 3D curves
- Making revolved surfaces
- Building boundary and lofted surfaces
- Offsetting a surface
- Trimming and untrimming surfaces
- Adding fillets
- Fixing corners
- Deleting, moving, and replacing faces
Skill Level Intermediate
Sheet Metal Design with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 56m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS Rendering with PhotoView 360with Gabriel Corbett1h 50m Intermediate
1. Sketching for Surfaces
2. Surface Creation Tools
3. Surface Modifiers
4. Using Surfaces with Solids
5. Direct Editing Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.