Join Gabriel Corbett for an in-depth discussion in this video How to delete a face, part of SOLIDWORKS: Surfacing.
- The delete face command is one of the coolest…and most powerful commands inside of SOLIDWORKS.…Let me show you a little bit more about this command.…Now, we've looked at it in some of the previous courses,…and we've seen some of the power it can do.…I want to dive a little bit deeper…and show you what this command can really do.…First things first, let's jump up…and grab it from either the Surfaces toolbar,…or from the Direct Editing toolbar.…So, either one of those.…Grab it here: Delete Face.…Now, I've got three options here: I can either Delete,…I can Delete and Patch, or I can Delete and Fill.…
Now, earlier we've used both the Delete…and the Delete and Fill,…but this time I want to use the Delete and Patch,…and really show you what that can do.…But before I do that, let's just look…at the basic Delete command.…Basic Delete: choose a surface or a face,…and just click on OK, that turns this into…a surface model only, I can look inside…and see exactly what's going on here.…That's not what I want to do here, though.…
- Defining planes for surface creation
- Creating splines and 3D curves
- Making revolved surfaces
- Building boundary and lofted surfaces
- Offsetting a surface
- Trimming and untrimming surfaces
- Adding fillets
- Fixing corners
- Deleting, moving, and replacing faces
Skill Level Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS 2013-2017: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS Rendering with PhotoView 360with Gabriel Corbett1h 50m Intermediate
Designing a Sheet Metal Enclosure with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 31m Intermediate
1. Sketching for Surfaces
2. Surface Creation Tools
3. Surface Modifiers
4. Using Surfaces with Solids
5. Direct Editing Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.