This video shows how hems work.
- [Instructor] On the sheet metal exam,…more than likely, you're gonna see some form of a hem.…Let me go through the basics for creating a hem…inside a sheet metal.…Go over here to sheet metal, click on the hem,…which is right here, and come down here and choose an edge…The outside edge right here would be just fine.…And then go ahead and choose the length of that.…Now notice I'm using pretty thick material…to illustrate what's gonna happen here.…And notice nothing is showing up.…So if I were to change this here to maybe like 30,…it'll automatically pop up and show you…a preview of what's gonna be happening.…
Now take a look at the different types of hem.…So you have the option here as this first one here…which is a completely flat hem.…You can come over here to more of an open hem.…You can come over here to a teardrop,…and then over here is a roll.…So you get different shapes with each one…of these different options here.…So in this case here I'm gonna use this open hem.…I can choose the length of the hem…as well as the gap distance here.…
In this course, Gabriel Corbett prepares you to take the CSWPA-SM exam. Gabriel begins by covering the exam requirements and sharing testing techniques. He then dives into specific, relevant concepts that will refresh your knowledge and prepare you to pass the test, including how to work with edge flanges, miter flanges, hems, jogs, flat patterns, bend tables, and custom properties. He also shows how to build several of the parts from the sample exam, and takes you through building, modifying, and verifying a model.
- Exam taking techniques
- Sheet metal tools
- Bending calculations using K-Factor, bend deduction, and bend allowance
- Using the Convert to Sheet Metal tool
- Sheet metal cut list properties
- Modeling a sheet metal part from a drawing
- Updating dimensions/equations
- Creating flat patterns
- Adding hems
Skill Level Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Associatewith Gabriel Corbett1h 44m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS 2013-2017: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
Designing a Sheet Metal Enclosure with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 31m Intermediate
1. Getting Ready for the CSWPA-SM Exam
2. Sheet Metal Tools
3. Sample Exam Questions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.