Learn how to use a background image to improve our marketing image further.
- [Instructor] In a very similar manner we can also change the texture of the ground. Now, first I want to turn on my ground, so I can just navigate to the Render tab and over on my right-hand side I have a number of ground options. First I can click on Ground which will activate or turn on the ground and here you can see my ground consists of just a DS logo. This is actually the DISO Systems logo and most likely you won't want that in your projects, so we'll take a look at how to change that.
In addition, we also have some other ground features such as grid, mirror and shadow and we can turn those on or off as we please. Now, in this case, maybe we'll turn off grid and mirror and just leave the shadow. So, now if I want to change the texture or the logo on my ground, first I'll just need to select the ground and then change the properties. Now, there's a slight change here as if I just try to click on my ground you might notice it's not actually selecting the ground, it's selecting the background.
So, there's one additional step we'll have to run through in grabbing the ground and since the ground's just a collaborative actor, I can just navigate over to my Collaboration tab and the ground is held within the Environments dropdown. You can just open that up and find my ground. Once selected on the ground, now you can see my ground is highlighted and now of course I can change whatever properties I would like for this ground. So, I'll just take a look at the ground texture in this case and you'll see by default we have the ground texture set to the DS for that DISO Systems logo but of course I can change this just as I did with the actor textures and browse to whichever texture file I'd like.
In this case I just have a simple ground texture and I can say okay and now you can see that that texture has been applied to my ground. There's a number of other properties here as well, so of course I can scale up or down, change the colors and so on or if I'm just happy with the way it looks now, I can hit escape to jump out of my ground and maybe I want to jump back to my Marketing Camera View and update my existing marketing view.
- Composer terminology
- Creating your first view and image output
- Changing actor and background properties
- Using the transform tools
- Inserting explode lines
- Adding textures
- Working with a Bill of Materials (BOM)