Join Leon van den Heever for an in-depth discussion in this video Goodbye, part of Modeling a Motorcycle Engine with SOLIDWORKS.
- We'll that brings us to the end of our project…and I've enjoyed very much to showcase some…of the techniques used in the SolidWorks modeling…process and workflow.…I set out to show you a number of commands…and strategies without making…the lessons too repetitive.…And when similar processes were needed to complete…our design I added the models for you.…I've also left it to you to complete on your own…some of the task for additional practice.…Take the time to look at the parts I provided…and with the great tools SolidWorks offers…step through them to see how I approached each design.…
We did not cover it in this course,…but do a command search for part reviewer…and use that to study other people's designs.…Note this tool is, however, only for parts.…Hope you have enjoyed this project…and that you have been able to improve…your skills during the process.…Take the time needed to go through the videos again…either as a whole or selectively where needed…to reinforce the topics and commands covered.…Beyond this they are additional SolidWorks topics…
AuthorLeon van den Heever
Need a better background in SOLIDWORKS before you can continue? Check out SOLIDWORKS 2014 Essential Training.
- Sketching the flywheel
- Building and cutting the flywheel shafts
- Filleting the flywheels
- Splitting the connecting rod
- Building the sprocket
- Modeling the camshaft
- Combining parts into an assembly
Skill Level Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS Rendering with PhotoView 360with Gabriel Corbett1h 50m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 56m Intermediate
1. Flywheel Design
2. Connecting the Rod, Piston, and Sprocket
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.