This video explains what gauge tables are and how to use them.
- [Instructor] Gauge tables allow you to define…the available thicknesses of materials that you have…in stock or maybe that you can get,…as well as some of the values for the bend deduction…or bend allowance that you might be using…out in the shop.…You can create or modify a bend or gauge table…inside of Microsoft Excel and then import it…into SOLIDWORKS so it can be used.…To do that, go over here…to the sheet metal feature over here,…right click on it and click on edit feature.…Right at the very top here, you can see…use gauge table.…Click on that checkmark right there…and you can select a basic table here from the dropdown,…which will be your default tables…or you can go ahead and just browse to where that might be.…
So in the exam, you're more than likely…gonna have to download a gauge table,…so I'm gonna go over here and click on the desktop,…I'm gonna come down here to Exercise Files…and chapter two, and 2.7 in this case here…and click on open…and then now I can select a table…and I have two different ones in there right now.…
In this course, Gabriel Corbett prepares you to take the CSWPA-SM exam. Gabriel begins by covering the exam requirements and sharing testing techniques. He then dives into specific, relevant concepts that will refresh your knowledge and prepare you to pass the test, including how to work with edge flanges, miter flanges, hems, jogs, flat patterns, bend tables, and custom properties. He also shows how to build several of the parts from the sample exam, and takes you through building, modifying, and verifying a model.
- Exam taking techniques
- Sheet metal tools
- Bending calculations using K-Factor, bend deduction, and bend allowance
- Using the Convert to Sheet Metal tool
- Sheet metal cut list properties
- Modeling a sheet metal part from a drawing
- Updating dimensions/equations
- Creating flat patterns
- Adding hems
Skill Level Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Associatewith Gabriel Corbett1h 44m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 56m Intermediate
Designing a Sheet Metal Enclosure with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 31m Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Professionalwith Gabriel Corbett2h 53m Intermediate
1. Getting Ready for the CSWPA-SM Exam
2. Sheet Metal Tools
3. Sample Exam Questions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.