Learn about tools available for GD&T in CAD programs.
- [Instructor] In most popular 3D Solid modeling programs,…basic dimensioning tools can be found…in the default menus and toolbars.…These tools allow the designer…to assign dimensions to geometric features…and to find the sizes of the parts they create.…In most cases, these dimensioning tools give the designer…the ability to find the precision of a given dimension,…which is shown by the number of digits…to the right of the decimal point.…In addition to setting the precision of a dimension,…a range of tolerances can be assigned…to the dimension value.…
The addition of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing tools…to 3D modeling programs is a somewhat recent phenomena.…Software commonly found…in high-volume manufacturing environments…began to incorporate GD&T notation early on,…in order to meet the documentation requirements…of their customers or regulatory agencies.…CAD programs found in less strictly controlled environments,…like schools or small design shops,…have only recently introduced GD&T tools…into their dimensioning tool set.…
- Where dimensioning goes wrong
- Basic GD&T rules and symbols
- GD&T from the engineering perspective
- Manufacturing design rules
- Interpreting GD&T in CAD models
- GD&T from the machinist perspective
- Understanding the tolerance limits of your shop
- Communicating your tolerance capabilities to potential customers
Skill Level Beginner
SOLIDWORKS: Integrated CAM with HSMXpresswith Gabriel Corbett2h 32m Intermediate
1. From Digital to Physical
Realities of manufacturing4m 46s
2. Introduction to GD&T
3. GD&T from the Engineering Perspective
4. GD&T from the Machinist Perspective
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.