This video explains how forming tools are built and used.
- [Instructor] On the sheet metal exam,…more than likely you're going to need to use a forming tool…and add it to a sheet metal part.…You're probably going to have to download that form tool…from the testing client…as well as the part you're going to be operating on.…And in this case here,…I've got a couple of different parts in that folder…which is 2.12.…Inside of chapter two, inside the exercise file folder.…Now if we go ahead and look over here on the right hand side…you look at the Design Library here…and under the Design Library if you click on the twirl down,…you can see Forming tools.…If you twirl that one down,…you can see we've got a bunch of different tools pre-loaded,…embosses, extruded flanges, lances, louvers and ribs.…
In this case here what I have is a new louver…which I'd like to add to the library.…So the downloaded louver file is on your desktop somewhere…and we want to add it to this folder.…If you right click on this folder here,…you can say open folder.…All right I'm going to go ahead…and minimize Solidworks for a second here.…
In this course, Gabriel Corbett prepares you to take the CSWPA-SM exam. Gabriel begins by covering the exam requirements and sharing testing techniques. He then dives into specific, relevant concepts that will refresh your knowledge and prepare you to pass the test, including how to work with edge flanges, miter flanges, hems, jogs, flat patterns, bend tables, and custom properties. He also shows how to build several of the parts from the sample exam, and takes you through building, modifying, and verifying a model.
- Exam taking techniques
- Sheet metal tools
- Bending calculations using K-Factor, bend deduction, and bend allowance
- Using the Convert to Sheet Metal tool
- Sheet metal cut list properties
- Modeling a sheet metal part from a drawing
- Updating dimensions/equations
- Creating flat patterns
- Adding hems