Join Gabriel Corbett for an in-depth discussion in this video Flipping and mirroring, part of SOLIDWORKS: Weldments.
- When you're working with shapes,…like channel or i-beams,…how and where that shape is oriented…makes a lot of difference.…So, in this case,…you see I have this channel…around the outside of my part,…and by the way, I'm opening 2-3,…or 2.3 solid file.…And I've already laid out this structural member here,…and it's not really the way I want it to be laid out.…So, let's go back and edit that structural member.…So, go over here to Structural Member number one,…and click on "Edit Feature".…You can see I've got one group to find here,…and these lines make that up.…
Now, if I come down here to Mirror Profile,…and I've got some corner treatments,…to take a look at.…A bunch of things you can play with.…So, click on "Mirror Profile".…And notice what happens,…it moves it from up to down.…But, try the horizontal axis,…notice I click on "Horizontal Axis",…now instead of flipping it out, it actually flips it in.…So all of those little legs of the pieces of channel,…are now facing inwards.…And that's actually what I want.…Now I do have to locate the profile differently.…
See how to build assemblies from weldments and add gussets, weld beads, and end caps. Then find out how to automatically generate documentation such as weldment cut lists and weld tables to add to your drawings. To wrap up the course, Gabriel offers tips and tricks for fabricating your finished design, such as using standard-sized materials for quick and easy production.
- What are weldments, and why use them?
- Creating construction planes and sketching in 2D and 3D
- Adding structural members
- Flipping and mirroring
- Working with joints, braces, and brackets
- Creating custom profiles
- Making an assembly from a weldment
- Adding in weld beads
- Creating a basic weldment drawing
- Including a weld table
- Preparing for fabrication
Skill Level Advanced
SOLIDWORKS 2013-2017: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS Rendering with PhotoView 360with Gabriel Corbett1h 50m Intermediate
Designing a Sheet Metal Enclosure with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 31m Intermediate
1. Understanding Weldments
2. Structural Members
3. Working with Assemblies
4. Weldments Drawings
Adding in a weld table4m 16s
5. Prepairing for Fabrication
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.