This video covers the basics of the flat pattern command and features.
- [Instructor] If you're working in sheet metal…inevitably you're gonna have to flatten out that part…to cut it out of sheet metal so then you can form it up…to create your final part.…So definitely keep in mind,…whenever you're designing anything in sheet metal,…you wanna make sure you're flattening out your part…to make sure your flat pattern looks correct…and is manufacturable.…So the flatten command works pretty straight forward.…Simply up here under sheet metal…you can see here flatten,…just go ahead and click on that flatten command…and it's gonna go ahead and flatten out your part for you.…It's also gonna show you where your bend lines are gonna be.…As well are a bounty box are the final sides of your part.…
Which makes it really easy to come up here…and click on a measurement tool.…And figure out how long your part is,…or how wide your part is, and so on.…Now what you might not know about flatten as well,…is you can jump back out of that command right here.…You can also go over here to flat pattern,…click on the tool down, and here's the flat pattern here.…
In this course, Gabriel Corbett prepares you to take the CSWPA-SM exam. Gabriel begins by covering the exam requirements and sharing testing techniques. He then dives into specific, relevant concepts that will refresh your knowledge and prepare you to pass the test, including how to work with edge flanges, miter flanges, hems, jogs, flat patterns, bend tables, and custom properties. He also shows how to build several of the parts from the sample exam, and takes you through building, modifying, and verifying a model.
- Exam taking techniques
- Sheet metal tools
- Bending calculations using K-Factor, bend deduction, and bend allowance
- Using the Convert to Sheet Metal tool
- Sheet metal cut list properties
- Modeling a sheet metal part from a drawing
- Updating dimensions/equations
- Creating flat patterns
- Adding hems
Skill Level Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Associatewith Gabriel Corbett1h 44m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
Designing a Sheet Metal Enclosure with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 31m Intermediate
1. Getting Ready for the CSWPA-SM Exam
2. Sheet Metal Tools
3. Sample Exam Questions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.