Join Gabriel Corbett for an in-depth discussion in this video Fixing corners, part of Surfacing with SOLIDWORKS.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- In this model here, I've got a couple…of different features.…If I roll this back, I have got a triangular type piece…on top of a rectangular block and I've added…a couple of fillets on top of there.…And right here in this corner,…I'm not really liking how this looks.…It's kind of blending this way.…It doesn't look bad but I'd really like to…kind of extend that a little further.…It really depends on how and when you fillet this shape.…Grab this one right putter below,…you can see it changes the other direction…so now it's kind of bending out in this corner here,…and if I reorder the other way it's bending it in.…
So you have the option of either bending in or bending out,…but I really want to just smoothly flow…from the triangular piece into the rectangular piece.…So what I want to do is remove this whole section here…and fill it in with a surface.…To do that, first thing I'm going to do is choose…this face here and start a sketch.…I'm going to create a line here that's going to start…in this corner here and it's going to go all the way up…
- Defining planes for surface creation
- Creating splines and 3D curves
- Making revolved surfaces
- Building boundary and lofted surfaces
- Offsetting a surface
- Trimming and untrimming surfaces
- Adding fillets
- Fixing corners
- Deleting, moving, and replacing faces
Skill Level Intermediate
Sheet Metal Design with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 56m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS Rendering with PhotoView 360with Gabriel Corbett1h 50m Intermediate
1. Sketching for Surfaces
2. Surface Creation Tools
3. Surface Modifiers
4. Using Surfaces with Solids
5. Direct Editing Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.