Learn how to generate final outputs once we are finished with our PCB project, which may include bill of materials, Gerber files, drill files, pick and place, and 3D step files.
- [Instructor] Once I'm happy with…my PCB design project here,…some of the last steps might be…to generate some final outputs.…So, what I can do is just navigate…to my outputs tab here,…and you can see I have a whole number…of different output tools to generate…the specific outputs I may need.…So, of course, I can do a PDF output…of my schematics,…or my PCB Gerber files,…export a 3D model,…and a whole bunch of options here.…
So, I can choose each of these one-by-one…to suit my specific needs,…or what I like to do in a lot of cases,…if I navigate over to my home tab,…and hit this project drop down here,…I also have this generate outputs.…So, this is very useful to me…as I can generate a whole bunch of different outputs…all in one step.…So, I can turn on 10, 15, 20 of my outputs,…and do them all in one nice step here.…
So, I just turn on or off whatever I may need…with the checkboxes here.…In this case,…I'm gonna turn on maybe a bill of materials,…schematic print, PCB print, Gerber files,…some drill files, assembly files,…
- Navigating the user interface
- Creating a new project in SOLIDWORKS PCB
- Placing electrical components onto drawings
- Wiring and annotating schematics
- Creating and editing PCBs
- PCB design
- SOLIDWORKS collaboration
- Creating schematic symbols
- Changing between 2D and 3D views of the PCB board design
- Generating final outputs
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Schematic Design
3. SOLIDWORKS Collaboration
4. PCB Design
6. Final Tools and Outputs
Next steps1m 54s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.